Heritage is our legacy from the past, what we live with today and
what we pass on to future generations (UNESCO)
Our built heritage is fascinating – old properties draw you in with their sense of history and can evoke a warmth and atmosphere almost impossible to recreate in a modern structure. Our aim is to encourage you to have a greater understanding and appreciation of the heritage values and the distinctive features of your property. We can help you to assess, develop and maximise your assets and guide you through any statutory heritage requirements.
We value the importance of built heritage and how it reflects on our everyday lives
Era offers a range of heritage consultancy services from informal help in identifying important features, to the preparation of a full history of your property, and from basic reports to resource consents and archaeological authority applications. With extensive experience working with heritage structures across the UK and in New Zealand, we are perfectly placed to provide you with the advice and guidance you may require.
Our heritage services include:
- Heritage Assessments to identify and record the heritage values of a structure
- Heritage Statements to assess the impact of proposed changes
- Option and feasibility studies including design advice and parameters
- Building Recording (photographic or annotation)
- Consultation with local authorities and Heritage New Zealand
- Coordination of other specialists
- Preparation of resource consent applications
- Preparation of archaeological authority applications
- Peer reviews for Councils
- Temporary Protection Plans
- House Histories
- Expert witness at hearings
Just like the buildings themselves, every heritage job is different – so feel free to contact us for a no-obligation chat about your requirements. We work under the ICOMOS (International Council of Monuments and Sites) NZ Charter, which provides guidelines on cultural heritage conservation.